View Single Post
Old
03-07-2010, 01:21 AM
SabresFreak97

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salzig View Post
I wouldn't do that! You played hockey for the first time, didn't you? You get used to the cage... When you're playing without a cage you risk that a ball (puck) or a stick hits your face...

Well that depends on how often you play. If you play frequently I recommend you more expensive skates (around 100 - don't know how expensive hockey gear in Britain is, though) because it's hard to skate in cheap skates, especially when they're flexible at the ankels. I've never seen skates around 30, but here in Germany skates start from 50. (I converted in )

Well I've read that Canadian/US roller hockey teams needed less gear than teams in Germany do.

That's what we need in Germany:

- skates
- helmet
- shinpads
- shoulder pad
- girdle
- inline hockey pant
- gloves
- cup
- elbow pads
- neck protector (under 18 only)
- sticks
I played for a Roller hockey league and everything but the Shoulder pads and neck guard were required in America. However I knew the competition so I did wear the pads. Actually it was just the padded shirts.

I would go out and get a stick and ball and practice stick handling anytime you can do it. Also try shooting at something like a wall you will learn to have better reflexes.

SabresFreak97 is offline   Reply With Quote