View Single Post
Old
03-07-2010, 12:28 PM
BigT2002

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMD Bob View Post
Maybe the scouts can scout, but the guys who made the final decisions on draft days (Manager of Expectations & Tommy Boy) couldn't cut it.

I wouldn't be surprised if TT is canned immediately following the draft. Fletcher wasn't very happy with the Leddy/UM comments. Hopefully that will turn out to be the final straw.
If that was the case, then the second part of your comment pretty much just put the stamp on the envelope that our organization has an extremely difficult time with drafting outside of the 1st round. If we are not going to do the Washington/Chicago/Pittsburgh route of getting high Top 10 picks, then we need to be more like Detroit/New York in drafting outside of the 1st round.

TT def. needs to be fired though, and like I've said...I'm pretty sure you won't see us getting them at 18 before they have played at another level outside of prep hockey. Fletcher is going to be gun shy about it and rightfully so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwildgophers View Post
Hopefully CF will draft well since I've heard that this is supposed to be a "deep" draft, but that 2nd rounder from Washington is pretty late. Well, we will see what happens come June.
Depending on what Fletcher believes we need, he will get it. I have faith in the guy. I just don't want their to be hopes and dreams that Bouchard is coming back though either.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote