View Single Post
Old
03-07-2010, 01:44 PM
slovakiasnextone

vCash: 500
Koyš has cooled down a little in the 2nd half of the season, but his 45pts (21+24) is still good enough to make him Dubnica´s scoring leader as well as the best scorer between kids born 1994 and younger in the U18 Extraliga.

The same can´t be said about some of the other 1995 kids playing U18 hockey.

MHC Martin´s Tomáš Török is now only 5 pts behind Koyš with 40 points (13+27) in 34 games and he has 23 points in 14 games since January.

The third to join the party is Topoľčany´s Matej Paulovič with 31 points (15+16) in 31 games and he has 20 points in 16 games since January.

In a league a level down in the U18 1.liga, the season has just finished for Ružinov Bratislava´s forward Róbert Varga and his 67 points (31+36) in 34 games is good enough for 4th place in scoring. Yeah, I know the 1.liga is very bad argument, but as I already pointed out he has been among the top players in the U16 league last season and additionally he has just helped Ružinov to promote back to the Extraliga, so he´ll get a chane to shine in the U18 Extraliga next year.
The other 1995 born in the U18 1.liga Martin Reway finished 3rd in the league scoring with 70 points (32+38) in 26 games. However from what I know he has been kicked out of a team because of something that might have involved alcohol. Furthermore he also is Czech born and has been playing in Slovakia for the past two years because of his parents work, but he has played for Slovakia in an U15 tournament in February where he was named the best forward of the tourney.

That´s just a mention of a few guys who might be worth a look. Maybe it´s just me, but I can´t remember in recent memory that there would be as many players who were this young in the U18 league that have at least some impact and even more so the mentioned ones who are leaders on their teams, which even the majority of the U16 national team players sans 5-6 kids aren´t. I´m slowly starting to believe some people who claim the 1995 generation to be the best to come out of Slovakia in years. Ah, well, i suppose I´ll just have to wait until someone like czechexpert gets a glimpse of them to ruin my joy. It´s only stats after all and sometimes they don´t tell the story, especially in Slovak leagues.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote