View Single Post
Old
03-07-2010, 07:30 PM
cmdrdredd

vCash: 500
I felt that CCM skates were wider by default than the Easton S17 I tried on. However, the FIT system will compress the boot with airbags and will make it tighter to your foot. That will make it narrower. However, the CCM U+ boot is very moldable so you can have it done in the FIT system, skate a session and have it baked again after it dries out and just lace them up without using the FIT system. I used the FIT system on my 2nd bake. It compressed the boot more, but gave a better fit for my foot. Before that I just laced them tight and pushed around the areas that had pressure. You could even have them punched a bit if they need to be wider.

Just remember, the FIT system compresses the boot around your foot pretty tightly. If you are using the FIT system how come you cannot be fitted at the store?

Note: When you go up in length you also gain a bit of room for your foot. If your foot takes up more volume than is available in an 8.5D then a 9D might be alright. Hard to say without trying it, everyone is different.

cmdrdredd is offline   Reply With Quote