View Single Post
Old
03-07-2010, 08:04 PM
kdb209
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
I wouldn't put to much stock in rumors for now.

We're all still waiting for that guaranteed-gonna-happen-I-heard-it-on-the-internet March 4 press conference.

The mayor of Winnipeg was publicly quoted just three days ago stating nothing was imminent.

My thoughts about these bloggers is captured in this quote from him:

C&P-ing from the BoH board:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb209
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT View Post
This is what the Mayor of Winnipeg has to say about all the rumours. I would think that he would know?

http://www.winnipegsun.com/sports/ho.../13111931.html
This:

Quote:
"We know there are many Winnipeggers and hockey fans who would love to see the NHL come back to our great city, and maybe in time that will happen. But I can tell you that from the sources I have, these rumours have absolutely no foundation and no truth to them," Katz said.

"And it's extremely unfortunate that the hopes of those who want to see the NHL will be raised to a phenomenal level and then could be let down again. That's just not fair."

Katz added that he doesn't "have a clue" where the rumours -- among the most recent, that NHL commissioner Gary Bettman was at MTS Centre Tuesday night while the AHL's Manitoba Moose were playing the Worcester Sharks -- have come from in recent weeks.

"All I know is that they're not true," Katz told the Winnipeg Sun.

"The NHL could come back to Winnipeg in the future, but it's not happening right now. And whoever is creating these rumours should stop it. I've heard them all -- and I'm telling you there's no truth to it."
edit: as well as unduly messing with the fans in Phoenix & Atlanta as well.

Last edited by kdb209: 03-07-2010 at 08:22 PM.