View Single Post
Old
03-08-2010, 12:03 AM
token grinder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreTooth3539 View Post
I liked the Suter/Hamhuis and Klein/Bouillon pairing today. If that was kept, when Weber comes back he'd replace Franson and so we'd have Weber/Grebeshkov. Even if Trotz wanted to keep the power duo together I think Hamhuis/Grebeshkov could work and then roll with the Klein/Bouillon pair. I hope having Weber out of the picture for a couple days helps Trotz to see the different possible defensive pairings.
herein lies the problem with that:

in edmonton, grebs was forced into a top pair role, which he isn't suited for. if he was paired with weber, he again has a bulllsye on him and his pair. some guys thrive under that pressure, he is not one of them. second, paired with weber limits weber jumping into the play because it is fairly obvious grebs does the same thing and unless you like breakaway goals on a regular basis, you don't pair them. that is what is great about suter. he is smart to know when to go, when to stay. personally, i would like to see weber suter in the 27-30 min range, hamhuis grebs in the 21-23 min range and klein-boulion in the 17-19 range

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote