View Single Post
Old
03-08-2010, 01:08 AM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
SLake, sorry, gonna disagree. While the Samuelsson goal was a bad goal to give up, Hamhuis gave him enough room to get the shot off.
It was a 3 on 2 situation w/backchecking support on the way. Hamhuis takes the passing lane, Pekka is responsible for the shooter. Had Hamhuis slid over to take away the shooting lane, then Samuelsson moves the puck to the slot for a higher quality opportunity.

We're just gonna disagree on the rest. Pekka made some great saves today and was well on his way to building up some real confidence before allowing the Samuelsson goal. It's just a frustrating night in Predator land and that's ultimately the play that sticks out like a sore thumb to me...

Sorry if I misused the term "back-breaking". The goal that was standing out in my mind was Ellis at San Jose earlier this season that did put us behind in the final minute of the game. I do stand by the assessment that it was "game-changing" though. I don't think we're pressing as hard leading to the collision if we're still ahead at that point...

Eh, I'm sick of arguing for the night...heading to bed!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote