View Single Post
Old
03-08-2010, 10:34 AM
montreal
Time to Get Down

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelousmotion View Post
Although I don't really like Maxwell, and have preferred White over him, the organization does not have a choice really.. They need to do everything possible to try to polish Maxwell. He needs to be NHL-ready by next year.. even if he doesn't start the year in Montreal, he'll most likely be the first one called up in case of injuries. He's the most versatile prospect at this position in Hamilton and he's probably the only one who has a realistic shot at playing as a regular 2nd/3rd line centre in the NHL one day.

I have to agree though that Maxwell's play has not been impressive, and right now, I would much rather see White in a 4th line role with the Habs. From what I remember from the past too, I always thought Maxwell played with much more edge and was much more comfortable with physical play than what I've seen from him this year with the Habs. I don't know where that part from his game went? Hopefully, it's just a confidence issue; him being shy and afraid of making mistakes with the Habs. I hope he's been playing much better in Hamilton.

I've been watching Maxwell since the U-17's and I've never seen him playing with any sort of edge or physical game. He's a skilled player that works hard at both ends of the ice but physical he is not and certainly hasn't been at all in Hamilton from the tons of times I've seen him.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote