View Single Post
Old
03-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
Care to elaborate on that a little? Zip.ca is hardly a company that runs a bad business.
I worked for them during the summer.. and the guy they appointed to run the team.. did not know how to market the team or appeal to any general audience. He was clueless.. and wasn't a very nice guy to say the least. They practically Gave away tickets to try and get people to come to games.. thinking that was a good idea.. but once you start giving away 5000 tickets to every game.. that really doesn't generate any revenue. When working for the promotions team.. we were sent out to the most random festivals.. where you probably wouldnt find anyone interested in Baseball.. Like... we went to the Ferrari festival to try and sell tickets.. Now i don't know about you.. but im pretty sure in Little italy.. they are much more interested in watching Soccer then going to a baseball game... and the ticket sales that we accomplished there. proved it. They just didn't know what they were getting themselves into when purchasing this team. I was also told that the guy who did the research for Zip.ca to purchase this team told them it probably wasn't a good idea in the first place.. but Rob (the owner of the team wanted to go forth with it anyways) For the Record.. they bought the Ottawa Rapidz for 2$... assuming over 1 million dollars in debt with it.

Marty Straka is offline   Reply With Quote