View Single Post
Old
03-08-2010, 01:52 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
I like Patrick Sharp, but I like Bolland just as much and he's going to be much more cap friendly and cost a lot less to acquire. I know Hawks fans really value Bolland, possibly even as much as Sharp, but I think they would seriously consider Harding and a prospect/2nd round pick for Bolland.

As far as winger for Koivu, I have no idea who we could go after. Kovalchuk and Marleau are out of the discussion, since we're paying for Bouchard and Schultz, so I'm pretty much lost. It'd have to be via trade or draft. This is why I would try to trade up for Taylor Hall. He's what Koivu needs, and I just think he's a great fit. Obviously, he's a great fit pretty much anywhere, but he's not the greatest skater. I'm a believer that Koivu can't play with a blazer like Havlat on a line. He's a much more methodical player than most top centers.

Assuming we end up with around pick 10, could we do something like #10 overall, our 2nd rounder, and Cuma? Is that too much? I like Cuma, but Scandella is going to be the better pro, imo. According to our payroll, whether we like it or not, I think we pretty much have a solid top 4 in place for the foreseeable future. Assuming Burns continues to get back to pre-injury form (which I think will happen btw), we have Zidlicky, Burns, Barker, and Schultz all making decent money.

I mentioned Bouchard earlier, I dunno what's going on with him. I really hope he can come back and contribute on this team eventually. It really sucks that he's out, because I think if he continued to grow his offensive game, especially scoring goals, he could possibly have been the other winger on Koivu's line to replace Brunette. You'd just need to have a big boy like a Johan Franzen type to help him out defensively. Do we think we're ever going to see PMB put up 50 assists in a season again?
I doubt that's enough just because the other seven-eight teams can make better offers if the Hall draft pick is going to be traded.

GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote