View Single Post
Old
03-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Jiggernaut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
A highly placed expert in Europe??..

So, we don't scout Europe, or very little. (According to this ''guy''..)
We don't scout Quebec and Canada, or very little. (According to the bitter Quebecers)
We focus all of our attention on the States??..

Our drafting has been good in general. It's the development and handling of those players that's been bad.
We saw it with Ribeiro and seeing it again with Latendresse.
It seems we're wasting the talent of the Kost broz because we can't develop them properly.
Perez-Grabo are well skilled too, and even though they're not turning out to be superstars of any kind, they were still poorly managed.

I think our drafting has been good in general, I question a lot more the development.
Do you place no responsibility on the players?

I'm not going into details, but the two you speak of had quite notorious reputations for their lack of maturity, extracurricular activities, and lack of professional commitment (off-season and off-ice training).

It's not like MTL doesn't provide it's players with the same world class facilities, trainers, nutritionists, psychologists, equipment, etc, etc, etc. as any other NHL franchise provides its players. It's up to the player to understand, and use these to their advantage and development.

There seems more to be a sense of entitilement to the young players at the almost celeberty like status they gain locally once they simply crack the line-up. It comes as no suprise to myself that many of our young players seem to regress after they first make the team. And then come the stories about their extracurriculars.

It's rather unfortunate for our organization that in some cases it takes a slap in the face, or the kick in the ass of being traded for these guys to realize that their habits need to change.

Jiggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote