Thread: Line Combos: 4th line. Love it? Hate it?
View Single Post
Old
03-08-2010, 11:14 PM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Over The Cap-Moore and Ortmeyer weren't kids but they were still young players early in their career. They all lost a year because of the lockout so they were in their mid 20s.

I don't mind Prust, he's cool and a useful part and hey, he came here for Kotalik and Higgins Amnesty.

Torts DID say the 4th line should be able to chip in a goal once in a while and traded Korpi because of his "limited offensive ability" among other things.

And yes, I did drop Tangauy's name just as an example. You take the $2.8 million tied up to Brasehar and Voros and you have another useful part or two like CARRYING A FREAKING 7th DMan!

Is it really hard for Dane Byers and comp to play 5 minutes a night in the NHL? He's a better player than Voros. Dale Weisse is another guy who is having a pretty good year who can play 5 minutes a night and fight.
You benefit from having Shelley and Prust over Weise and Byers because they're not vulnerable to rookie mistakes. Torts doesn't have much patience with his bottom 6, and I'd venture to say our 4th line would be getting less than 3 minutes a game if Byers and/or Weise were a regular part of it.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote