View Single Post
Old
03-09-2010, 11:18 AM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

vCash: 500
Thanks for all the help, guys! I think I am going to wear everything, mainly to get used to it, but also because I am not a great skater so I will want all the protection I can get! I will try not to worry about what other people think, hahah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawTRK View Post
You might want to call the rink and see what the requirements are for protective equipment.

At the ice center that I go to, you are required to have full gear and offer it virtually 7 days a week up to 2 times per day. There is another ice center near my house that does not require full gear, but only offers stick and puck one day a week.
The website says you need a helmet, gloves, and shinguards at the least, but that kids 16-18 have to have full gear. I'm over 18 but I don't look it so I won't feel stupid if the other kids that age are wearing full gear.

Also, you're lucky there's one that has it 7 days a week/2 times a day. Ours has it once a week but it's always when I'm normally in class. This is my Spring Break which is the only reason I can go.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote