View Single Post
Old
03-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Canadian91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
According to a poster above who worked for the rapidz, 5000 tickets were GIVEN AWAY FREE for every game, yet they still averaged less than 5k.

Less people went to see the Rapids than the Lynx. Less will go to see a team in an even lower league. I dont think the fans have vanished. But this is like saying that if the Senators left town the 67s would have no issue with the lease on SBP because there is ad space and people went to go see the Senators.
Firstly, it is completely outrageous to suggest that 5k tickets were given away every single home game in a 10,000 seat stadium. I was a die-hard Rapidz fan, I never heard anything about that, I bought all my tickets from rapidticket.ca and there was never a mention of that on the site. Something like that would've gotten out, so it seems almost impossible.

Secondly, the Lynx actually had less people going to see their games in the final season, than the Rapidz did in their only season. Plus, Rapidz fans didn't even know at the time that 09/01/08 was going to be the Rapidz last game. Had we known in advance, we would've easily matched the Lynx's numbers for their final game.

I don't think that just because the caliber is lower, fans won't show up. Rapidz-Lynx is a good example.

Canadian91 is offline   Reply With Quote