Thread: Prospect Info: Offical 2010 Red Wing Draft Thread
View Single Post
Old
03-09-2010, 12:37 PM
zetterberg40

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Offical 2010 Red Wing Draft Thread

I think its about time we jot some discussions on who Detroit should be targeting in the draft since it is almost 3.5 months away.

Our Current Top 10 Prospects:

1. Jakub Kindl - Defenseman
2. Brenden Smith - Defenseman
3. Daniel Larsson - Goaltender
4. Tomas Tatar - Left Wing
5. Justin Abdelkader - Center
6. Landon Ferraro - Right Wing
7. Thomas McCollum - Goaltender
8. Jan Mursak - Right Wing
9. Gustav Nyquist - Center
10. Cory Emmerton - Center

Pros:
-Puck Rushing defensemen
-Goaltending

Cons:
-Power Forward with top 6 talent
-Top 4 Big bodied, crease clearing defenseman
-Top 6/First line Scoring Winger ??

Players based on what I've read who could be interesting to watch:

Quote:
Nick Bjugstad Center USA HS
o Notes: He has a verbal commitment to the University of Minnesota (WCHA). He moves very quickly through zones, with the puck and has a great set of feet, to change direction just as fast. He plays very hard and competes every shift. - International Scouting Services
o It's hard not to love his game. He's got great frame to build on along with a pretty strong skating ability. The kid can really bring it with a quick release as well. It'll be interesting to see where he does end up come draft day, I think he's got a chance to be a good one. I think if he fulfills his potential, you're looking at a Jeff Carter type of player.
-Also 6'4, 188 lbs

Quote:
Jeffrey Skinner - Forward OHL (Kitchener)
o Notes: Agile skater with very good outside speed and puck control at full speed. Has strong and accurate wrist shot and is a two-way hard working player. - International Scouting Services
o Skinner has definitely been a huge riser. People can point to size and skating and whatnot, but that pure finishing ability is something that will most definitely get him drafted high by an NHL team.
-5'10, 197 lbs

Quote:
Dylan McIlrath Defenseman WHL (Moose Jaw)
o Notes: Has no problem mixing it up as he displayed in the top prospects game by fighting Alex Petrovic of the Red Deer Rebels. He has dropped the gloves 13 times this season for Moose Jaw. Finished last year at with a minus-22 rating and is plus-21 so far this season.
-6'5, 215 lbs