View Single Post
Old
03-09-2010, 01:36 PM
nystromshairstylist
Puck Control Master

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanolthing View Post
Hey guys and girls, I'm currently buying myself new gear to get back in the game after a 5 year absence. I played in grade school and high school, so I'm quite familiar with what goes where and so forth. Everything is picked out and sized except for my pants. Local pro-shops in MD aren't exactly well-stocked, so I'm gonna be guessing a little bit here. I'm a bigger guy (pants size 42), so I assume it'd be best to purchase XXL (or 56 I suppose) hockey pants to accommodate. Currently looking at Tackla Air 9000, Graf GS, and Harrow Torch. Any opinions? I was interested in the Bauer one95's until I saw the size chart heh. Thanks a lot!
I tried on many pants and got the tackla 2440s, a bit less expensive than the 5000 or 9000 model - but still very protective, well-made, and comfortable.

My gut is close to 41" but I fit perfectly into tackla's size 52, not sure why that is but with pants, perhaps as importantly as skates, you MUST try on before buying.

The Graf 7000 also is a quality product, just did not fit quite as well as the 2440, but my shape is different, and the Grafs may be an excellent fit for you.

Last edited by nystromshairstylist: 03-09-2010 at 01:44 PM.
nystromshairstylist is offline   Reply With Quote