View Single Post
Old
02-02-2005, 03:18 PM
pelts35.com

vCash: 500
Most people didn't realize that AC had a team. I went to a number of games and they just didn't draw. I always thought it was a strange place to put a hockey team.

One of the big problems down there (aside from a lack of a fan base) is that parking was a nightmare. Personally, I was not a fan of the arena, but that could be due to the fact that there was no atmosphere because of a lack of fans in the stands. Of the 3 ECHL arenas in the area, AC was a distant third behind Reading and Trenton. The food was horrible and I swear that no matter which draft beer was ordered, it all tasted like Buttweipers.

As FlyGuy mentioned, the team did win the Kelly Cup in 02-03. I went to the final 2 games and the arena was absolutely empty for both games.

Most saw this move coming, especially in offseason, where the Bullies announced that the team would be wearing 4th year anniversary patches on their jerseys.

If they manage to get another team, I believe it would be a UHL team.

Kingvdj, There is still plenty of hockey around with Trenton, Phantoms and Reading (depending on where you live).