View Single Post
Old
03-10-2010, 10:26 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post
It's very sad that you'd say that, especially considering you're apparently a writer for this site.
Changed it from Brett Favre because he's no longer recent.

Anyway, I will make my point now.

Quote:
I get that he's got concussion issues and is going to shy away from some of the physical play.
I don't blame him for not playing as physical post-concussion. He was one of the league's most outspoken players about concussion issues. Remember last year when he was having an incredible start to the season? He was right behind Malkin for the first two months of the season until he was hit dangerously by a Canadien player. I think it was Markov. He flipped his lid at the league. The league did nothing. He slowed down considerably. He hasn't been back to form really since recovering just now. We'll see how he reacts.

Quote:
And compared to most other guys in this league, he's just got no heart.
You don't have to play physical to have heart. I understand hockey is a physical game, but this "heart" you speak of is pushing yourself to make things happen. Gagne pushes himself on every shift. Just because he's not banging around in the corner doesn't mean that he isn't chasing down loose pucks and skating into the slot. Gagne is never going to be a banger and crasher. He never was. He has enough physicality to fight for loose pucks, but he keeps himself safe. I don't blame him.

Quote:
Even when it comes to the things he's supposed to be best at...his two-way game is a little overrated, he's not that great of a defensive player.
Datsyuk's overrated. Richards is overrated. Carter is overrated. Everyone's overrated defensively.

Quote:
He gives up on the play all the time.
Or does he backcheck using his top flight speed to break up odd-man rushes while letting bangers and crashers try to cause turnovers? How much of his "giving up on the play" part of his duty to be defensively responsible.

Quote:
And in some of these recent games in which he's scored, he hasn't even been very good...last night in particular. Richards and Carcillo were out there wreaking havoc, creating all kinds of opportunities, and Gags was just useless most of the night, and botching the opportunities he was given.
He was pretty good last night. As for botching opportunities, everyone can't score every time they have the opportunity to.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote