View Single Post
Old
03-10-2010, 10:58 AM
DUHockey9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Sorry to rain on your appreciation thread, but Gagne pisses me off to no end sometimes. At this point, were it not for the fact that he's been on the team for so long and that I was once such a big fan of his, I'd want his ass out of here. I get that he's got concussion issues and is going to shy away from some of the physical play...but the extent to which he does so is just way too much.
Except he has never been physical...like at all. I'm pretty sure the only punch he's ever thrown, he managed to dislocate his shoulder on, and missed significant time. One of my only gripes about Gagne ever, was that he has decent size (not big, but not small by any means) and that he's really a pure finesse player. However, this is nothing new. He uses his speed, his shot, and his brains to make plays.

Quote:
And compared to most other guys in this league, he's just got no heart. It pains me to say that, but it's true. Even when it comes to the things he's supposed to be best at...his two-way game is a little overrated, he's not that great of a defensive player.
He gets a ton of PK time on this team for a reason. He always has...for a reason. And if he were on a team without a Betts and Laperierre, he would get even more. There is also a reason at the end of the game last night it was Richards, Carter, and Gagne on the ice to finish a 1 goal game. Also, If he truly were overrated defensively, I'm pretty sure 1 of his 6 (or was it 7) head coaches would have realized it and not played him as if he was a good defensive player.

Quote:
He gives up on the play all the time. And in some of these recent games in which he's scored, he hasn't even been very good...last night in particular. He had a ****** game last night. Richards and Carcillo were out there wreaking havoc, creating all kinds of opportunities, and Gags was just useless most of the night, and botching the opportunities he was given.
I don't know what to say. I guess we are watching different things. My only complaint of Gagne recently was at the same tim Richards was struggling. They both appeared to be trying to do a bit too much, and thinking rather than reacting. But....that was a while ago, and since, both players have been great.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote