Old
03-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Viqsi
"They're back."

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
I heard about this on the radio this morning. That may be the most stupid and small-minded thing I've ever heard of as regards operating a sports league. Yes, this includes the BCS and the chases at the end of the PGA and NASCAR seasons. And NHL expansion to places like Columbus.

In other words, here Tampa, we know you can't compete with the teams in your division, but we'll swap you out with a team that we've predetermined is going to suck to give you a fairer shot.

MLB sucks. I've heard the talking heads in recent days talking in no uncertain terms about players like Adrian Gonzalez and Carl Crawford being traded. As if it's a foregone conclusion. And guess what, it most likely is.
And yet there's people who'll passionately argue that the salary cap is horrible and that the NHL needs to use a system like the MLB's.

...then again, there's also people out there who think Scientology makes sense, so, yeah.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!