View Single Post
Old
03-10-2010, 05:07 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Nik's development was all messed up: you take an 18-year-old kid from a big city in Ukraine who lived/played in Moscow, speaks no English whatsoever, and anoint him the savior of your franchise which is one of the smallest markets in the NHL and one of the strangest to play in for an Eastern European kid.

You throw him in the NHL right away, then when he's not Pavel Bure the GM starts trashing him, then a few years later Ken Hitchcock trashes him, all before he's barely 22.

Then they expect him to stay on pace with Ovechkin in this first ever Stanley Cup playoffs.....

he's a very talented player and while he can be lazy, I think he's just misunderstood and got bullied. He was having fun with Dubi and Voros the first half of last year and he even had a few fights and made that gorgeous backchecking play against the Pens. I would love for him to come back to NY but the truth is the organization has turned the page and Torts would never welcome him back unless Zherdev called him up and came back with his tail in between his legs.

It's a shame because he's still so young, and no one else including the Russian Olympic team waned him. I wish him luck wherever he plays.

You sir, are an enabler.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote