View Single Post
Old
09-26-2003, 08:16 PM
Oiltown16

vCash: 500
I don't see how anyone here can jump on the Oilers as a team that is going to come in 5th or last yet. They are unproven as of right now.

Proven Players

Ryan Smyth consistently a 25 goal scorer and will usually rack up 60 points, depending on the amount of games he plays.

Mike York very good defensively and good stickhandling, can score some goals

Ethan Moreau Solid third liner, only one remaining from the old checking line.

Tommy Salo Will give a team 70 games a year. Unconsistent at times, but when hot a team can ride him for some wins

Jason Smith Team captain, hits hard, takes pain for the team, solid defender.

Partially Proven Players

Eric Brewer Still young, lots of pressure put on the kid, an olympic spot must mean something.

Radek Dvorak Has scored over 30 goals (31 I believe), injured his knee badly and was out for awhile. Came back with the Rangers and didn't get as much playing time, came to Edmonton and played very well.

Steve StaiosHas had two solid seasons in a row for the Oilers. More playing time may come for Stevie.

Georges LaraqueIts big Georges, I think if he starts out strong early, he could have a career year.

Brad IsbisterWas said to be the next Bertuzzi, while that may not happen, Izzy's career is not over, he can still be solid for the Oilers.

Scott Ferguson6th defender and always works hard

Cory CrossPlayed good last season, veteren player

Unproven Players

Alexei Semenov Was solid in his rookie season, but it was only his rookie seasion

Ales HemskyShowed some razzle dazzle last season lighting it up with his moves. Needs to become smarter of when to shoot the puck

Marty ReasonerCan he replace Marchant, take the key draws, kill the big penalties, shut down the big lines, we'll see

Shawn HorcoffCan he become the #2 centre, he showed last year he could have the potential, will he live up to it??

Raffi TorresA one-way contract, will he be on the ice, or sippin on an ice-cap in the press box

Jani RitaRated #1 prospect (forget by who), hasn't proven it in the NHL.

Jason ChimeraGreat rookie season, 14 goals with minimal ice time, can he repeat??

Fernando Pisani13 points in 31 games or so?? as a checking forward with minimal icetime, how can you say thats not good

Marc Andre BergeronPowerplay QB perhaps, won't get significant ice time however

Ty ConklinPlayed great in the AHL, but this is the NHL.

I've prolly forgot some players but thats the outlook, some question marks...definatly
a bottom feeder...definatly not
a playoff contender...definalty
a stanley cup contender...probably not