View Single Post
Old
09-26-2003, 09:23 PM
H2ODP

vCash: 830
I was at the game tonight. I was very pleased with what I saw. The notables of the game:

- Marian Hossa
- Antoine Vermette
- Jason Spezza
- Petr Schastlivy
- Denis Hamel
- Alexandre Giroux
- Peter Schaefer

Hossa looks alot better then last season. Has obviously bulked up over the summer and did a good job of making Toronto's defense look like pylons..

Vermette used his speed effectively and was rewarded by getting to his own rebound. Excellent game for Vermette with a good showing on defense aswell.

Spezza was all over the place, Another player who made Toronto's defense look like pylons. If their were any question marks regarding Spezza's skating, They are erased.

Schastlivy had some nice shifts out there. Broke up a few plays in his own zone and was pretty shifty on one occassion on the power play. He looks like a bonafide top 6 forward.

Denis Hamel has game. Likes to use the back of the net to trick defensmen and maintain the puck. Hamel had a few nice hits out there including a fight with Perrott. Perrott ran Lalime the shift before the fight.

Alexandre Giroux had an outstanding game aswell. Including a good fight with Pushor. Defientely a player that has a future in our organization.

Peter Schaefer was taking alot of abuse cycling the puck along the boards. Defientely worked his ass off and got rewarded for it. Expect him to reach career high's this season.

It was a pretty entertaining game. Some good fights and it was good to see the team stand up for one another. Toronto's defense looked pretty bad. Other then that, I don't know what else to mention..