Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
10-11: 6.5 mill NTC
11-12: 6.5 mill NTC
12-13: 6 mill
13-14: 4 mill
14-15: 3 mill

Cap hit = 5.5 million

That is Horcoff's contract. Looking at it, the best thing to do is to send him to the AHL starting for the 13-14 season.

That is the same time we will need to re-up whoever we draft this summer (Hall or Seguin hopefully).

Plus it's more economical to eat the last two years -- only 4 mill + 3 mill to get effectively a full 5.5 million in cap breathing space for both years. No penalty (unlike buy-outs).

I can live with Horcoff for 2 or 3 more years. We need a 2-way center with experience anyway for the next couple of years any way you shake it, we'll just have to accept that he's overpaid for a couple more years. But the important thing is we'll have the cap room when we need it.
I think this the best way i have seen to look at it. as bad as horcoff is he is not useless. once he is not the primary player anymore he might find a new level of usefulness.
another way he might have value is to a cap floor team, once his cap hit is more than his actual salary. either way, it has to be easier to get rid of him in the future than it would be now.

obglim is offline   Reply With Quote