View Single Post
Old
03-11-2010, 02:02 AM
Hockeyfan68

vCash: 500
Your hollow should be determined by your weight and playing style as already mentioned in here above.

It took me a long time to get the right one for me because of laziness to try different ones until I found it. I did however and it is a rather shallow 3/4" because I am a tall heavy guy.

I cannot even tell you what I was using before because I always got whatever the sharpener guy had his grinding wheel at that day.

You said you were feeling chatter so that is an edge issue for sure as explained already. try shllower hollows until it is too shallow and then go backwards to find the exact perfect one like I did. it took a few tries but was worth the effort.

No more having to dull my skates before playing on the bench door or floor mats for being too grippy. No more chattering on the outside edges stopping with both feet open apart.

I also had a chattering issue because of a bad rocker radius for my style of play. I was too far up on the toes. I had it redone to a neutral radius and then everything was fine.

This stuff can be irritating for sure but be patieint with it.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote