Thread: Larry Brooks: Coach's methods fall flat
View Single Post
Old
03-11-2010, 08:45 AM
NYROrtsFan

vCash: 500
It's a wonder that Torts managed to win a Stanley Cup...

The same people who blamed Renney and were proven wrong have now moved towards blaming Torts.

There just isn't enough talent on this freaking team... Drop your favorites for a moment and look at the team with the most critical eye.

- Del Zotto shows a ton of promise but right now he is a huge liability position wise. I'm willing to live with it, but it's going to hurt the team right now. He shows number 1 defenseman upside between his strength and his offensive abilities.

- Anisimov is doing very little... Brings nothing physically and isn't exactly creating goals either. His few goals have come on plays where he's been given room and he can get off that good wrist shot. He doesn't create the room himself.

- Staal... As good as he is defensively, and I think he's nearly great, he has hands of stone with the puck. Occasionally (very seldom) he can put together a good rush where he looks competent with the puck but he's just not.

- Dubinsky - Although he's scored a couple lately, he just hasn't been good in the other areas. He has decided that he doesn't want to play physical and has passed up on more chances to really hit someone than I can remember. He's been very bad with the puck at times and has either made a very good play, or just flat out turned it over

- Callahan - as good as the guy is with effort and off the rush, he's horrible on the boards, has NO ability to make a tape to tape pass. If he's not doing something off the rush, he's very rarely doing something offensively.

These are just a few guys, and that are all guys I am fans of. But the team doesn't have serious talent outside of Henrik and Gabby. When each of these young guys improve over the next couple years, the team will start winning more games. It won't be because Torts is becoming a better coach, he's already a good coach.

The only thing thing that truly bugs me right now is the lack of physicality... Fights I don't care about, give me some consistent physical play though. Teams must love playing against us because there is zero threat of injury.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote