Thread: Larry Brooks: Coach's methods fall flat
View Single Post
Old
03-11-2010, 10:08 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrvana View Post
This is ridiculous. Everyone that wants Torts gone is as bad as Torts himself. Everyone complains about line changing and line switching. But, why must we change coaches every 5 minutes. Isn't that doing exactly what we say we don't want to be done with the lines?

I don't think Torts has done a good job this year. However, look at our defensive core right now. We don't have the players to play in Torts' system. Go ahead and disagree, but he did lead the Lightning to the Stanley Cup. We have one forward that can score. Prospal, who is our second best forward was signed weeks before the season for around 1 million. Our team just isn't that good.

I'd say wake up to reality, and realize that this year was a rebuilding year. Look how many forwards and defensemen are young. A year much needed in my opinion. Too many people feel that we should win every year. Well personally as a fan, I'm sick of being the 6th, 7th, and 8th seeds in the playoffs just to watch us lose in the first or second rounds of he playoffs. If this is what we need to do to get better than I'm all for it. IMO, we are on the right track. Try to be patient.
No, its most certainly not.

If it were, Prospal, Jokinen, and Girardi would be gone right now. Rebuilding is something that cant be half-assed...I dont know what Sather's plans were when a true rebuild should have occurred in 2004-2005, but Lundqvist's emergence and Jagr's reemergence proved to be fool's gold for the organization.

Take a look at the 2007,2008, and 2009 offseasons. You're seriously going to try to say that the team is rebuilding? No....they're retooling every offseason, and the results have been getting worse and worse.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote