View Single Post
Old
03-11-2010, 02:30 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I have faith in Ersberg, I have been arguing it vigorously against people who were saying that a veteran backup was a requirement at the trade deadline. I think Ersberg is a proven, solid backup goaltender. I have no butterflies in my stomach when Ersberg is out there starting against the Stars.

However, I have to revert to the best chance to win. It is proven experience versus unproven talent. I honestly believe Bernier is a better option in net than Ersberg, that he gives us the best chance to win. He is more technically sound and better positionally.

I have no doubt Ersberg is going to do a good job for us, I just believe that Bernier will do a better job. I think seniority should not preside over point potential. We aren't locked in the playoffs, we can still theoretically miss the playoffs, every point is critical, I just want the best possible chance.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote