View Single Post
Old
03-11-2010, 03:42 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I have faith in Ersberg, I have been arguing it vigorously against people who were saying that a veteran backup was a requirement at the trade deadline. I think Ersberg is a proven, solid backup goaltender. I have no butterflies in my stomach when Ersberg is out there starting against the Stars.

However, I have to revert to the best chance to win. It is proven experience versus unproven talent. I honestly believe Bernier is a better option in net than Ersberg, that he gives us the best chance to win. He is more technically sound and better positionally.

I have no doubt Ersberg is going to do a good job for us, I just believe that Bernier will do a better job. I think seniority should not preside over point potential. We aren't locked in the playoffs, we can still theoretically miss the playoffs, every point is critical, I just want the best possible chance.
Fair enough.

We just disagree that as of this moment, we can legitimately say Bernier gives us the best chance to win. I think we would to see them both in practice tomorrow morning before making that decision. If Bernier beats the hell out of Iceberg in practice tomorrow, then sure, but until then, based purely on what we know at the moment, throwing the rookie out there, even if he is better positionally, is not the best chance to win.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote