View Single Post
Old
09-26-2003, 09:27 PM
Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
I wouldn't mind dealing Zednik if the return was good. The four players mentioned, I would mind being dealt.

How do you like Bulis and Sundstrom on the team, in the short and long term?

Why do you have Souray ahead of Markov and Theo by the way?
Bulis is an enigma. He has the tools to be a real solid player, on both ends of the rink. I would like to see him exposed to all situations this season.

However, he seems to lack the drive to make it to the next level. Perhaps its the fact he has had some injury problems, and being traded as a young player can slow development. He could be an excellent player for years to come... perhaps a Mike Keane, minus the grit.

Sundstrom ... I have no use for him. Its not that he is a terrible hockey player, its just that we could utilize some youth for a defensive player. Perhaps a player with more grit and toughness. Essentially, Bulis and Sundstrom are the same players.

Sundstrom would be a good fit on a veteran team. I'm not sure Montreal is the correct environment for him. Sundstrom would be an appropriate fit in Montreal, if we never had Juneau, Dackell, Bulis etc.

As for Souray, I followed his career in the WHL quite a bit. He had outstanding character on the ice, and off. He's a player 29 other teams wish they had. He is so solid in his own end, clears the net.. sticks up for his teamates... I like that.