View Single Post
Old
03-11-2010, 06:48 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCpredator View Post
Hindsight is 50/50. I suppose we are fortunate that Hamhuis wasn't traded in light of the injuries to Weber and Grebeshkov. But I still believe we could have offered a pick and a prospect (Jones, O'Reilly, Santorelli, etc...) and landed Poni or someone at his level. Would not a prospect AND a pick brought us a top 6 guy? Or even better, Hamhuis AND a pick. Every year I see bold moves. And with the exception of the Forsberg deal, Poile always takes the cautious path. We'll never get beyond the first round unless we take a few more risks. Our blue collar team just isn't built to go deep in the playoffs.
Burke was looking for something very specific in return for Poni. Whatever Poile offered wasn't it. Doubtful that O'Reilly on his one way next season or Jones on a one way, nearly $1mil contract was anywhere close to what Burke wanted ... apparently he asked about Caputi by name when dealing with the Pens. Other than Poni, the only "top 6" type guys were the kids traded for each other between Colorado and Phoenix. Wanting us to chase rental forwards?

9th in even strength goals so far this year ...... we need a penalty kill.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote