View Single Post
Old
03-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Dagoon44

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gift of Gaborik View Post
It's not Torts fault that he inherited a **** roster. I don't know if he's the right guy but he's not the reason we're bad. It starts and ends with the wasted money going to Drury, Redden, and (to a lesser extent) Roszival. If we had a 7 million dollar worthy forward in Drury's spot and a 6 million dollar D-Man in Reddens, we'd be a real contender. Torts can't change that fact. I'm not saying that he's been right with every move he's made but I don't think any coach could make the current roster seem like a true contender. We have to make sure that we have the right players before we can judge whether or not we have the right coach.

As far as Renney, defensive systems are perfect for taking below average teams and slipping them into the playoffs. Points from OT losses add up. However, I doubt Renney would have ever taken us to a final. Don't really care that he's somewhere else right now.
I am calling BS on this one. The guy picked his team out of camp.
He took Brashear to NY.. He picked Voros over Byers and Owens who had better camps. He went with 6 dmen for more then 2/3 of the season with 2 rookies and no AHL experience . He went with Valley and choose to play hank into the ground. He has a ton to do with the team sucking

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote