View Single Post
Old
03-12-2010, 07:35 AM
Jarnberg

vCash: 500
To me its simple:

Missing the playoffs means people are upset the team doesn't make the playoffs. The franchise will lose money, which is bad for relocation reasons and for any potential signings during the offseason.

Losing in the first round means people are upset the team didn't go further. The franchise will likely make money, which is good for the ownership group and likely means more money for the team next season.

Both outcomes will have people upset; I believe the only outcome which will likely make everyone happy is winning the Stanley Cup. So give the two choices above, I'll go with the one that makes our franchise money. Neither outcome will mean an overall change to our franchise philosophy. Trotz nor Poile will be canned as a result of either of the above actions. We'd still be stuck with pretty much the same team core, limiting signings and overall changes. We'd still have non-rich owners who simply want the franchise to exist in Nashville. We'd still have a good core of fans but still short of what it will take to keep this team here for the long haul.

To reach the next level in terms of fan interest, I agree, we need a deep playoff run. But between the two options above, a Nashville Predators fan would be stupid to go with missing the playoffs with the above conditions.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote