View Single Post
Old
03-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Radek27

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I don't disagree with the notion of this, but who exactly are they preventing us from acquiring? We landed the best offensive talent in last year's UFA class, and while we didn't get the 'best' d-man available, he never really never made it to free agency to begin with as Calgary traded for his rights.

Yes, they're horrible contracts. Yes, I want them gone asap; but let's not pretend that we had numerous opportunities to acquire high end talent and couldn't because of Redden, Drury, and Rozsival and their contracts.
Stop lumping him in with Redden man, he is not even close to being a rip off like that guy is. Rozy earns most of his money and if he is overpaid it's really not by much. Most vet D make 3-4 that have less talent than Rozy. #6 and 23 are killing us cap wise but not Rozsival. We do need to keep atleast one veteran on the blueline and as a long time Ranger I don't mind having Rozy stick around.

My only real complaint about Rozy is his super slow starts to the season. Once he gets it going he is a top 4 no doubt but he needs to start showing up in October not December.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote