View Single Post
Old
03-13-2010, 12:45 PM
The Thomas J.*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Amazing. Do people even read the posts in the thread before posting?

As has been stated repeatedly, this is a false, self-serving, throw-away statement that sounds good if you're a Zherdev hater who doesn't actually want to analyze or debate the case.

Unfortunately, it doesn't survive even the most casual analysis of the facts. I'll explain it one more time:

Zherdev was Rangers property until August. In fact, because they went to arbitration, he wasn't even available to other teams as an RFA, much less as an UFA. In other words, he was OFF THE MARKET ENTIRELY until over a month into free agency. He didn't become available as an UFA until early August - at which point most teams with available budget had already spent it.

In other words, by the time he WAS signable most teams COULD NOT sign him. You therefore can NOT say that the fact that no other team signed him as evidence of some universal disregard for Nik. This point would ONLY be valid if he had been an UFA from day 1.

I don't have to read the thread, It wasn't that long ago & I remember the whole saga playing out. Bottom line is this, if some team really REALLY wanted him they would have traded a 2nd rounder for him.

I don't hate the guy, I saw enough of him playing to see that he isn't a top line player. That being said if you do some thread searchs you will find that I repeatdly stated that Z is the perfect 2nd line player that could compliment a superstar which than became Gaborik. It's not like I was completly against him being here. He had his chance the ship has sailed, esspecially since he & his Agent contacted Sather & asked if they he could sign for the orginal offer.

By the way, true ignorance is not allowing a person to express there opinion & having no respect for it at all. You throw alot of attitude around here when people don't agree with you & it's really annoying. you need to grow up alot.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote