View Single Post
Old
03-13-2010, 02:37 PM
Soundwave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Gregor View Post
Agent. And speaking with other agents, the No movement clause is pretty standard now because it protects him from being waived. Althought they said some superstars, like Zetterberg, have no-trade instead of a no-movement. And some guys like Malkin and Crosby, their N0-movement clause doesn't kick in until they reach the age of UFA.

Capgeek and nhlscap are very good, but agents have told me that not all the info there is 100% accurate. Most of it is, and in this case I guess they are wrong. The contract filed with the league says it is a no-movement clause. I checked with the league.
I'm still a little confused on the last two years of his contract.

OK, so there's a NMC for the first 4 years, but then he can submit a list of 10 teams to be traded to in the 5th year?

So technically isn't his 5th season only a limited NTC and not an NMC? And if it is technically an NTC ... then what could he do if the Oilers sent him to the AHL that year? Because an NTC does not prohibit a team from burying a player in the minors, only an NMC can do that I think.

I'm not really worried about it being an NMC versus NTC for the first 4 years any how as it's pretty damn unlikely anyone would want to trade for him anyway.

Last edited by Soundwave: 03-13-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote