View Single Post
Old
09-27-2003, 03:16 AM
onearmedbandit14

vCash: 500
Fact or Fiction: "The Ottawa Senators: 2004 Stanley Cup Champions" Fiction. The Devils are a better tem in the East, so they will again narrowly miss on the Finals.

Fact or Fiction: "Alexander Frolov will have a break-out year." Fiction. Then again, it depends what you mean by breakout. Hell have a decent rookie season, but not spectacular.

Fact or Fiction: "Teemu Selanne and Paul Kariya will light it up in Colorado." Fact. They will regain old form playing on the same line.

Fact or Fiction: "Dallas Stars: Stanley Cup Finalists" Fiction. As good as the Stars are, the Wings are better. With goaltending help, the Avs are better as well.

Fact or Fiction: "Curtis Joseph will resurrect his career in St. Louis (or another city)" Fiction. He won't go to St. Louis. Where he does go, he'll be moderately successful. No Cup in his future though.

Fact or Fiction: "Scoring will be up (from last year) in the NHL" Fact. At least I hope so.

Fact or Fiction: "Dominic Hasek will once again be 'The Dominator." Fact. The man has an insane workout program and is in great shape as always. It will take a while for the rust to wear off, but he'll be back to Stanley Cup form.

Fact or Fiction: "Svitov will show marked improvement in Tampa." Fact. At least I hpe so for the Lightning's sake. They need more scoring threats outside of St. Louis, Lecavalier, and Richards, especially now that Vaclav Prospal is gone

Fact or Fiction: "Vancouver Canucks: Your 2004 Northwest Division Champs." Fiction. They showed last year that they can't finish the job, and with an even better Colorado lineup, don't expect the Avs to struggle in the early part of the season like last year. The Avs will win the division with relative ease.

Fact or Fiction: "Darryl Sutter will keep Calgary in contention for a playoff spot." Fiction. Nobody can keep that team with that goalie in contention for too long. Too bad. I'd love to see Jarome Iginla in the playoffs, but the Westis so insanely deep that the Flames have no chance to do anything this year.