View Single Post
Old
03-14-2010, 11:10 AM
xifentoozlerix

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
finally saw some highlights. great game. Anyone think that since Chicago was Leighton's former team he was a bit motivated?

Pronger goal was awesome, Carle hitting Kane was awesome, Timonen slappass and Hartnell goal were sick. JVR had some SICK dangles on the 4 on 4, Leighton made some good saves
I dont think Leighton played any differently than he usually does...just got some bounces and a few key missed opportunities by Chicago (liek the Versteeg backhand off the crossbar). It seemed Hartnell either had really bad shifts or really good ones, jut glad it was more the latter.
One thing I noticed at the game (I have been noticing it for a while, actually) was that JVR takes reallllly short shifts. I wonder if he is being told to keep them that way, if it is a wy to stay fresh because of his unfamiliarity with the NHL schedule, or he just doesnt want to be in the doghouse for overstaying. Probably a little of all three, I woudl imagine, but sometimes he bails out of the offensive zone before the puck is even in possession by the opponents. Not that it is a such a bad thing, but I was wondering if anyone else noticed that?

Last edited by xifentoozlerix: 03-14-2010 at 11:16 AM.
xifentoozlerix is offline   Reply With Quote