View Single Post
Old
03-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet/Moose Fan

vCash: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNB Bruins Fan View Post
I thought the CIS changed it so the host and wild card couldn't come out of the same conference? Or was that just put in place for the two years in Lakehead so the OUA wouldn't have 4 berths (host, wild card, OUA west champ, OUA east champ)? If that is the case then both years in Fredericton the AUS will only have two reps each year..meaning we will either see two CW teams and two OUA teams both years or two and two one year and three OUA teams/1 CW team the other year....either way I am pretty sure we will see two CW teams in one of the two years UNB hosts...
That's true. This year's wild-card will be the loser of the Alberta-Manitoba series. The Ontario playoff was needed because Lakehead won the OUA West and was already in as host.

I believe that when CW or AUS host they could still get 3 reps, which I don't like. The swing from one to three reps per season is too much. I say make it an 8 team tournament with 2 CW, 2 AUS, 2 OUA, a wild-card, and a host every year. I would prefer to have the losing semi-finalists from across the CIS have a tournament for that spot during the finals weekend. But this has been discussed in other threads.

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote