vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
Calgary
Kotalik ($3.000)
Stajan ($3.500)
Bourque ($4.000)
Bouwmeester ($6.800)

Calgary has more of an argument although I believe Stajan could turn into a reasonable contract once this disastrous year concludes. Bouwmeester is having an off season alongside a vast majority of the Calgary roster, similar to Bourque given the salary.
Kotalik is overpaid, no argument here. The others listed I would argue against them being "bad" contracts. Regardless of what numbers Bouwmeester has he's a stud and deserves the money. Stajan is iffy but I think he gets more on the open market, not a great contract but wouldn't say bad. Bourque (3.33M cap hit next year) is fair cap hit/money wise. If the Bourque-Stajan-Iginla line remains intact for next year Bourque could be reaching towards 30 goals which would make this contract great (for the time being). It's the length that might make it a bad contract, or injury problems.

However, Langkow (4.5), Hagman (3.0), Sarich (3.6) and Staios(2.7) are contracts for next year I'd find much harder to argue against them being called bad contracts. I do like what I've seen from Staios so far but probably would call it a bad contract if he was still with the Oilers especially since he's going to be 37.

Paper is offline   Reply With Quote