View Single Post
Old
09-27-2003, 05:29 AM
ceber

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
Hey Guys,

The way I see with the Wild this year ....Minny has a very good shot at Ovechkin.
That's a stretch, I'd say. Gaborik didn't contribute that much defensively, and the Wild's defense has been more important than offense when it comes to the standings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
Where will the goal scoring come from this year...Bouchard isn't ready, Koivu is devloping into a star in TPS this year.....but right now in Minnesota I'm thinking with out Gaborik these might get 150 goals on the year.....maybe!!
Where'd you hear that Bouchard isn't ready? He'll play for sure. At the very least, I don't see him taking a step back from last year. I don't think anyone has him forecasted to be a goal-scorer, though. I think people are most excited about his playmaking abilities. As for scoring, it's a little early to guess, in my opinion. We should wait and see what the final roster looks like. If we end up without Dupuis and Gaborik for the season, and nobody steps up to play offense, there won't be as many goals, that's for sure. It'll still be better than no NHL hockey at all, though.