Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
Vancouver

Calgary
Kotalik ($3.000)
Stajan ($3.500)
Bourque ($4.000)
Bouwmeester ($6.800)

Calgary has more of an argument although I believe Stajan could turn into a reasonable contract once this disastrous year concludes. Bouwmeester is having an off season alongside a vast majority of the Calgary roster, similar to Bourque given the salary. Kotalik is definitely overpaid however in the Flames' defense the two worst contracts under their belt now belong to Toronto and New York. I question the Sutters sanity, especially with the New York trade although I ultimately agree moving Phaneuf was a wise decision. With the likelihood of the Flames bottoming out, I believe they are in need of a rebuild, perhaps more of a makeshift variation in comparison to say what Montreal attempted which begs to inquiry why Sutter took on excess dollars when Jokinen's five million was coming off the books.
kotalik, stagan and bouwmeester deserve to be in the "bad contract" list, but rene bourque contract isnt that bad.

he really earned the money he got with 2 exceptional seasons in calgary, he given a little more time, can be a 30 goal scorer.

chilly98 is offline   Reply With Quote