View Single Post
Old
09-27-2003, 05:35 AM
GB

vCash: 707
Send a message via ICQ to GB
I think the Rangers offer looks better, but I'm not sure how it would have worked out. IMO two of the biggest parts of Colorado's success were Roy and Forsberg. Weight, Amonte and Kovalev are all fine players, but Kovalev may never have blossomed had he not gone to Pittsburgh. I believe playing with Sakic would have caused him to develop faster though so I don't see a problem their. Amonte and Sundin would also have been a good fit. However I believe it was instrumental in Weight's development that he got lots of time in Edmonton and I don't think he would have gotten that time behind Sakic and Sundin. Forsbewrg however developed well in that role. I also prefer Duschene to Patrick and $15m and a 1st to $20m.
Beezer would have provided them with better goaltending than Hextall or Fiset, but it was this weakness that lead to the Avs getting Roy. So although the Rangers deal looks better I don't think the players would have developed as well and as we do know how the Philly deal turned out I'll go for that.

Liam