View Single Post
Old
03-15-2010, 06:14 PM
Steelhead16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
for every time what?

when is the last time either goalie played two consecutive solid games?

this is a first since Rinnes november streak, and combined with Eliis' godawful meltdown in San Jose, its pretty clear who #1 is right now.

Everytime I heard "now our goalie situation is all clearly settled". Only 2 seasons have the Preds ever had a goalie play more than 50 games in a season. It's never settled on this team.

And the Kings game was Ellis' meltdown..........Really? Did he give up a terrible goal.......absolutely. Did the teams best defenseman get schooled on that play........absolutely. I didn't see anyone have even a decent 3rd period in that game.

Rinne played good games against the Ducks and Kings. It wasn't earth shattering or special. It was what his team needed and his team played well in front of him and didn't make him have to win the game. He can play those games and so can Ellis and so can 95% of NHL goalies. I don't remember the last time a Preds goalie ever stole a game. To be a playoff contender they will definately need someone to steal at least a game or 2. Are you confident Rinne can do that?

The Preds have a had a "clear #1" 10 different times this year. Right before the olympic break I actually read posts in here hoping that Rinne could hold down the fort till Pickard is ready. That was 4 games ago. Let's see how Rinne bounces back from his next bad game. Oh yeah, that won't happen because Ellis will get the game after that. And if he plays well 2 games in a row, he'll be the new "clear #1". Lets hope the TEAM doesn't have another meltdown in front of either guy and keep the Red Wings out of the playoffs.

Steelhead16 is offline   Reply With Quote