View Single Post
Old
03-15-2010, 05:47 PM
TheSchwab

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 ft. pole View Post
Things just seem to be escalating really fast. Have any of you guys ever had this happen. We don't mind the physical play but we want to get the anomosity and the dirty crap out of our game. Any suggetions?.
Some guys will never realize that they are playing pick-up hockey, where nice skill plays should be the objective. I would just start chirping, but it sounds like you or someone else is gonna see a fight pretty soon.

I play on a college club team who (unfortunately) has to play in a bar-league. There's no hitting, but the old guys get pissed when we use our bodies to shield the puck, which turns into them hacking. They also get mad when we can skate around them due to the pure fact that we're in better shape.

Every year we have a couple of scraps because you just gotta put up with it. Talk to your buddies that you play with and see what they think as well, just to make sure you're not alone on the issue.

I would love to play regular hitting hockey again, but I know without refs it would get out of control so quickly.

TheSchwab is offline   Reply With Quote