View Single Post
Old
03-15-2010, 06:00 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
That's a fair statement, but I for one would love to see a Flyers team where the biggest question mark isn't in goal. It would be nice to see a Flyers team that was above average in all areas. Sub out Leighton with someone like Vokoun and the Flyers have a good chance of pulling out an upset this year. Instead it's likely they'll be once again back to the drawing board next year and in search for a new goalie.
It's not realistic in a cap world. I mean, if we could poach Vokoun for Hartnell I'd be ecstatic. That's completely unrealistic. Maybe Hartnell + 1st + Prospect. Still, do we really want to give up our 2011 1st, our only one in four years? People will complain about our lack of firsts, but Pronger is a very big reason why we're even where we are. Would Hartnell even waive his NTC for Florida? Probably not. It's a nice thought, but unrealistic.

As for the Flyers with Vokoun being able to pull off an upset...I don't think if we had Vokoun we'd being doing much upsetting. There is no team in the NHL that can compete with the Flyers + Vokoun. None. Every team has their own issues for the exact same reasons I cited above; the exact same reasons the Flyers have issues. It's a league of give and take. No one will ever be perfect.

I'm okay with going back to the drawing board in the offseason as long as we don't do one thing: overpay, whether it be in assets or salary space, for another dime-a-dozen goaltender (by dime-a-dozen I mean everyone not named Lundqvist, Brodeur, Luongo, Vokoun, or Miller).

CS is offline   Reply With Quote