View Single Post
Old
02-05-2005, 01:29 AM
mbam99

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to mbam99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipped Off
This has to be one of, if not the most, silly arguements I've read on this board to date. First of all your both right. Congrats to Calgary for leading in attendence...it is a great accomplishment.

When they list the teams in the MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL who lead the league in attendance they don't put an asterisk next to the team in first because the teams in 4th or 12th or whatever "sold out" their games. In fact, the Dodgers are always amongst the league leaders in attendance every year (2nd in 2004) but you can walk up to the ticket window for just about every game and buy a seat (they averaged 76% capacity in 2004). Whereas Boston always ranks about 10th (11th in 2004) and they sell out the season before it even begins (they averaged 100.7% capacity in 2004).

The fact of the matter is, you can only hold what you hold. Don't you think if it was financially feasable the Knights or the Rebels or whoever would tear down their stadium and build a bigger one? The fact is, it usually isn't. The attendance wouldn't increase by enough over the long haul to pay for the rebuild in a decent time frame. So teams like the Knights & Rebels can vie for the "most sellouts" or "best seats to bodies" ratio (and beleive me the PR firms figure this stuff out...or should)....while the Hitmen can claim the Largest crowds.

There really isn't an arguement. They are two completely different & seperate issues.
Yeah, you are absolutely right. The fact of the matter is I hate Calgary!