View Single Post
Old
03-16-2010, 02:19 AM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCpredator View Post
I'll re-state what Dulzhok has said, they fill their barn on a regular basis, AND they have made it farther than we have. I'll wager they make it deeper than the Preds this year as well. Their "aggressive" moves have taken them one step farther than Poile's conservative approach. In my opinion, the second round is a hell of a lot better than the first round.
How do they sell their barn out? With individual ticket sales or corporate sales? Most teams in the NHL rely on corporate ticket sales to fill over half the arena. SJ has one of the biggest booming cities in the country with computers and chip development. They have the cash flow to entertain their staff and clients. They also have no other pro sports in their city. They never have. Nashville is in a different market. It's football and NASCAR country here and it's not the big sell yet but the problem wasn't that, it was Leipold. He ticked off many businesses in the community and it hurt sales, corporate ticket sales. We have the biggest individual ticket sales in the entire NHL. When we finally get the corporate boys on board, the team will be fine. The new owners have had a lot of obstacles to climb in repairing clients that were lost due to Leipold. The arena just got new naming rights from Bridgestone. Ford has just come on board. Action Nissan has taken a bigger role. Vanderbilt is now involved as well. Owners and GM's just don't wake up one day and have everything just thrown together. It takes time to build anything worthwhile. The owners are doing their part, Poile has been doing his, with the budget he was given and the fans will come in time.