View Single Post
Old
03-16-2010, 01:43 AM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post

I would like to get out of the first round of the playoffs and have been pretty vocal about getting rid of Trotz and staff as they have failed at this time of year. This year, I just have a different feeling about this team. Every time we have looked like we were going to fold or fall apart, we come back and win a game. It's a testament to the coaches and players in that locker room to keep it together and never lose faith in one another. While it will be a tough road to get out of the first round this year if we face either SJ or Chicago, I say bring em on. One thing for sure, this team will not go down without a fight and I truly believe we have the right chemistry and make up to get it done this year and advance past the first round.

You have your beliefs and opinions in Poile and that's fine. Shoot em out there and let's discuss. I just have a different perspective on things. I have seen some of my favorite teams over the years throw big dollars at players but to no avail and then they decide, let's develop players and draft well and supplement thru free agency and it seems to work pretty well. Poile has his faults but he has less holes in his skills than most GM's around the league.
I am a pretty big Trotz supporter. Consistently, he takes what he's given, and makes the most of it. Even in 06-07 when we had such a great year, he did it mostly with cast-offs. Buffalo didn't quality Dumont b/c they didn't think he was worth it (at 2 million!). Kariya had a horrible year in Colorado, and has been pretty bad for STL. He did well under Trotz. Sullivan was cast-off a bad Chicago team. It was certainly the most talent Trotz ever had to work with, but I don't think we were loaded with top-end talent.

I don't think Poile is a bad GM. I think his "patience" does well to build a strong foundation. But, too get to next level? I think his complacency won't get us there. Just my opinion. Obviously, nothing will be solved by in this thread.