View Single Post
Old
03-16-2010, 11:28 PM
TrappedInFullerton
Murray SMASH

vCash: 500
I posted this in the GDT, but don't think many are taking notice, so, figured I'd make a thread for it.

The Sharks are 30-9-6 with Demers in the lineup. That means the Sharks are 13-7-4 without him. It looks a lot better with him in the lineup...

Demers provides the Sharks with something the desperately need... a second defenseman that can MOVE THE PUCK UP THE ICE. Blake, Leach, Huskins, Wallin, Murray... they can't skate the puck up the ice like Boyle and Demers can. The Sharks need 2 mobile defensemen, just like last year with Boyle and Ehrhoff...

The Sharks have scored 153 goals and given up 114 in the 45 games he's played. Without Demers, the Sharks have scored 73 goals and given up 66 in 23 games. By extrapolating those numbers we find that the Sharks are scoring less and giving up about the same amount of goals without Demers.

The Sharks also need him on the point of the PP... Murray isn't working out and neither will any of the other defensemen. None of them are offensive defensemen.

In conclusion... if the Sharks want to start winning again, they need to quit with the Leach experiment and bring Demers back into the fold.

I just looked at the standings again and I got my stats before they updated with tonight's game, so I changed them, which makes the goals for and against even worse (obviously 8 goals against will do that).

Last edited by TrappedInFullerton: 03-16-2010 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Updated due to standings being changed
TrappedInFullerton is offline   Reply With Quote